Call Now To Talk To An Attorney

Law Office of

Chandra E. Miller

A Northern California Family Law Firm

866-679-7592 Toll Free

Law Office of

Chandra E. Miller

A Northern California Family Law Firm

Empowering You To Create A Future You Can Look Forward To




Children & Parents


Mediation & Collaborative Divorce

How To Change The Terms Of Your California Divorce

When your divorce is finalized, it is important to remember that it does not have to be final. Circumstances change, and the law here in California allows you to modify the terms of your divorce settlement.

This is not an easy process, however, as your ex-spouse can object or wish to negotiate a compromise. My name is Chandra E. Miller, and I am an experienced family law attorney practicing throughout the Sacramento, California, area from my office in Auburn. I will help you determine if you have grounds to seek a post-divorce modification, and I will walk you through the process.

Helping You Change Your Divorce Agreement To Meet Your Changing Needs

Whether you are seeking to modify the terms of your child support, spousal support or child custody arrangement, you must prove that there has been a substantial change that warrants changing the status quo. Common grounds that ex-spouses use to seek modifications include:

  • Getting a raise or losing a job, which can affect alimony and child support payments
  • An ex-spouse or a child suffering from an illness or other medical emergency
  • Your ex-spouse remarrying or moving in with someone who poses a danger to your child
  • A parent wishing to move out of state

I know how the modification process works and what will be necessary to successfully receive one. Just like during the divorce process, you will likely benefit from negotiating amicably with your ex-spouse. When this is not possible, I will gather evidence and prepare a strong case for litigation.

Get A Committed Lawyer On Your Side. Call Today.

I understand that divorce is not a one-time event. You will likely be dealing with it for many years. Having a compassionate advocate on your side will make the difference in successfully resolving issues as they arise.

To learn more, you can contact me via email or by calling my office at 530-377-5022 or toll free at 866-679-7592.